What is Macro Teaching?
The concept of macro teaching can be best defined as a group learning activity where it is the responsibility of the teacher to deliver specific concepts to the entire classroom in a single go. however it is also important to highlight that the setting for this class can be either in a regular school or even a University classroom. through the implementation of the macro teaching technique it becomes possible for the Teachers to deliver the content to a very large group of audience.
In general macro teaching is conducted for a longer period of time usually stretching up to an hour. Through the teaching that is delivered it is expected that the learners will complete assessment provided to them as well as write tests and complete projects so that we can effectively demonstrate the learning that they have derived.
Through the instruction that is provided by the teacher to the students to the entire class it becomes possible to effectively provide the same guidelines without missing any information. It also allows the teacher to effectively provide all the necessary information and teach students important content so that we can understand and ask questions when necessary.
Objectives of Macro Teaching
It is important to highlight the objectives of macro teaching and it will help develop clarity on the concept and provide a better understanding as to why it is important. In the given section the objectives of macro teaching have been provided.
- One of its mean objectives is to provide clear and comprehensible instructions to the students so that we can gain a better understanding of the concepts that are being taught.
- The objective also includes utilizing time in an efficient manner to ensure that it is not wasted.
- Through the implementation of macro teaching it becomes possible to develop and use materials based on the level of the students.
- The most important objective of macro teaching is to ensure that the achievements of the students are respected and ensure that they are being effectively followed based on the above objectives.
Considering the importance of macro teaching and the fact that it is the most common method of teaching that is utilized in the educational sector There are several online course selling opportunities available that are developed to support individuals and guide them in learning about this concept.
Besides the availability of course selling website there are also offline courses available for interested individuals so that they can effectively learn the art of macro teaching and implement it in classrooms.
Ways to master Macro Teaching
In the given section a list of methods has been highlighted that can provide better support to prospective teachers in the art of macro teaching.
- The ability to Communicate: The first and the most important aspect that needs to be taken into consideration is the ability of the individuals to effectively communicate with the class. The most important aspect of macro teaching is the ability to communicate effectively with the students in a large classroom. It is only when communication is effective that clarity can be developed on what is being taught and students can be provided with better support.
- Complete Knowledge: It is important for every teacher to have complete knowledge regarding the topics that they are teaching to the classes. This is because macro teaching is a large group of students in a large classroom therefore any mistakes made by the teacher will have far-reaching consequences on the learning ability of the students. Therefore it is of extreme importance for the Teachers to be completely knowledgeable about the topic that they are teaching.
- Engaging ability: It is also important for prospective teachers to learn how to engage the students in microteaching. Since macro teaching requires teaching a large classroom in a single time, it raises the possibility of not all students being provided with complete attention. Therefore, it is important for teachers to ensure that they are able to effectively engage each and every student present in the class and provide them with guidance and attention ensuring that they are able to have a better understanding of what is being taught inside the classroom.